Hi,

just a heads up here; I looked more closely into Apache Felix
FileInstall (which I should have done before...) and it seems that it
doesn't meet our requirements. We have some logic regarding bundle
versions implemented which comes into play for updates (only bundles
with a higher version number is installed etc.) and removes.
Adding this to FileInstall would be an incompatible behaviour.
Then there is the missing start level support.

Therefore instead of enhancing FileInstall and add all our features, I
think it makes more sense to leverage our OSGi installer and add file
support to it - like we already have jcr support. Basically all we need
is a simple bundle doing file scans and triggering the osgi installer.