Hi,

On 09.09.2010 15:11, Clemens Wyss wrote:
> so this use case should cause an error?

Yes, that's expected, but ...

> AND on the server side
>   session.checkPermission(path, "add_node"); // path being: "/sling-logo.png"
> should return false, right?

No. It is not a question of permission. It is a question of how the
nt:file nodetype is defined: The nt:file nodetype (without any other
mixin node types assigned to the node) only supports one single child
node whose name is "jcr:content".

So the actual error message is something like
"javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: No child node
definition for 1_1284038191454 found in node /sling-logo.png"

Regards
Felix