Perhaps we could just create a filter that does simple 'role' based access
checking.

The filter could have a configuable map between resource path patterns and
the groupId the user must be a member of to read the resource.

The launchpad could pre-create some well known goups and provide the default
mappings for the filter.

WDYT?

Regards, eric