Hello!

yesterday I wanted to try Sling again and have a look at  David Mini CMS
https://cwiki.apache.org/SLING/gsoc-2010-mini-cms-project.html

Unexpectedly that failed (not because of David Mini CMS).

First I found out that no binaries are available on the website because
the links are broken:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-1768

(The download page states: "Note that the above releases are relatively
old (May 2009). If you want to experiment with bleeding edge code,
building Sling yourself is not that hard.". Why are no binaries of the
most recent released version made available?!)

Then I spent some time finding an old file for sling in the archive and
tried to install David Mini CMS on it. But that also failed because some
of the dependencies are not met. Obviously and understandably David Mini
CMS depends on more recent Sling components than those provided by an
obsolete version of Sling.

Then I tried to build Sling from the sources with Maven according to
http://sling.apache.org/site/getting-and-building-sling.html

But that also failed because testSemiRandomInstall fails:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-1737

And at the end launching Sling of cause also fails because there is no
jar file to be launched.

Cheers,
Andreas