On Oct 28, 2010, at 7:43 AM, Ian Boston wrote:

> On 28 Oct 2010, at 12:29, Justin Edelson wrote:
>
>> I don't think that's happened yet. What might be happening is that the
>> bundles aren't reloaded unless the timestamp of the launchpad base JAR has
>> changed.
>
> Checked that,
> Recreated the jar, and the bundle jars inside with all the timestamps after
> everything in the sling folder. No update happens.

I'm almost 100% sure that's the problem. I just added some debug info, which
you can see by running launchpad with -l INFO.

> Its not that much a problem we manage our servers with puppetd, and we can
> change the upgrade mechanism to loading over http or one of the felix
> mechanisms. (eg filesystem). The production team here don't like the idea of
> putting the jars in the JCR, so we probably wont use that one.
>

>> Ian- try running a debugger and you should be able to see where in
>> BootstapInstaller the decision is made to skip installation/upgrade.
>>
>> What I had to so is delete the bootstapinstaller.ser file manually. If this
>> file is missing, bundles will always be installed/upgraded.
>
> Ok thats a good workaround and a safe switch, and upgrades just the new ones
> as before. If possible it would be really helpful to keep that "feature"

Better yet, set org.apache.sling.launchpad.force.package.bundle.loading to
true, i.e.

java -Dorg.apache.sling.launchpad.force.package.bundle.loading=true
launchpad.jar -l INFO

I forgot about that option.

Justin