Looking at the commit logs we very often reference the corresponding jira
issue, e.g.:
"SLING-1889 : Make job creation date available"

Now if we made use of the bugtraq subversion properties
(http://www.syntevo.com/smartsvn/documentation.html?page=commands.bugtraq-properties)

we could directly link into JIRA.
Clients such as subversive support this feature. When the feature is enabled
and you look at the
revision history of a source file (in subversive, or tortoise, or ...), the
SLING-XXXX words will show up as links.
If you press on the link/word the browser shows the corresponding jira page.

bugtraq:url -> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/%BUGID%
bugtraq:logregex -> SLING\-\d{4,}

WDYT?

I could apply these properties to our repo if you wish...