On Friday, December 4, 2020 7:38:30 PM CET Cris Rockwell wrote:
> Thanks for the link to sample projects. I reviewed some of these but it
> seems to be mixed bag whether they build successfully for me with Java 11
> or not.

Don't get confused, there are some "heavyweight" tests which fail randomly on
Jenkins but run fine locally.

> I’m asking because of a PAX exam test bundle added to PR
> sling-org-apache-sling-junit-core [0] that works with Java 8 but will not
> build successfully with Java 11. I modeled this bundle after
> sling-org-apache-sling-servlets-annotations [1] which also seems to build
> with Java 8 but not with 11.
>
> Maybe it’s fine that way since the pom.xml states…
>               <sling.java.version>8</sling.java.version>
>

> Another seemly odd aspect relates to the parent version, 33. Using parent
> version 35 or later, the build fails using Java 8 as well.  Resulting in
> the error

Make sure you use latest *sling-bundle-parent* (not *sling* which is for plain
JARs). See also my fixes in
https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-servlets-annotations-it/commit/65a06c2aaee54f4365745d9045f9604d03950b87
 and my
comments in SLING-9929.

It works also with Testing PaxExam 3.1.0, no need to upgrade to 4.0.0-
SNAPSHOT. You can simply remove the org.apache.sling.testing.paxexam bundle
from the base configuration as it returns a ModifiableCompositeOption.

https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-testing-paxexam/blob/
org.apache.sling.testing.paxexam-3.1.0/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/testing/
paxexam/TestSupport.java#L83

Regards,
O.