Hi,
currently all our releases have two different source artifacts:

- classifier "source-release", generated from
https://github.com/apache/maven-apache-parent/blob/01d812b4e78c1661ad61b1d1befcccbed2cc3e3f/pom.xml#L362
- classifier "sources", generated from
https://github.com/apache/sling-parent/blob/96e3aa372ae124d0ab982d9c3fe560766f2d5ede/sling-parent/pom.xml#L147

You find both artifacts linked e.g. in
https://search.maven.org/search?q=sling-settings.

Was it a deliberate decision to push both to Maven Central?
I do understand that the first one is the official one relevant for ASF, but
for consumers it seems that rather the "sources" one is interesting.

I quickly cross-checked other ASF projects, and it seems they never upload
"source-release" to Maven Central, e.g.
https://search.maven.org/search?q=a:oak-run or
https://search.maven.org/artifact/org.apache.maven.plugins/maven-release-plugin/3.0.0-M1/maven-plugin
 but only the "sources" one.

Should we do the same? If so, any idea how to have both in our staging
repository (to be able to vote on both artifacts) but only push one to Maven
Central in the end?

Thanks,
Konrad