I have been thinking about an easier way to upgrade our application,
which now consists of something like 100 bundles. We run on multiple
servers, and upgrading them bundle-by-bundle is really tedious.

I know I can update bundles directly from an OSGi repository, via the
web console at http://localhost:8080/system/console/obr, but it still
requires to locate and deploy one bundle at a time.

So how about a web console which allows me to upload an XML list, for
example on the same format used by the Maven Launchpad plugin.
The list of bundles will be compared to the set of currently deployed
bundles. Any bundle in the list which is not currently deployed, will
be downloaded, installed and started. Updated bundles, that is, the
bundle list contains a bundle in a newer version than a bundle
currently running, will be updated. And finally, bundles that are
currently deployed, but not in the list, will be uninstalled.

Does this make sense as an extension to Sling?

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Sommerrogata 13-15, N-0255 Oslo, Norway