On Thu, 2021-02-25 at 12:12 +0100, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> You should have automation in place to detect issues - that used to be
> in place, not sure if it still is. As soon as its more than 10 files
> any
>
> manual process will fail.

There used to be https://checker.apache.org/ , but it is now retired.
Perhaps we should ask infra to reinstate it or provide an alternative?
I guess this is a problem for multiple ASF projects.

> If we start to exclude files from being put into dist, I think the
> release process is even harder than today - as I need to do the
> filtering and remember what to not put there. Today it's easy, get
> everything from nexus and put them up there

+1. I just copy everything from the staging repository. We would also
need to special-case the Eclipse plug-ins.

Thanks,