Hi,

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 11:36 AM Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...we could state that Sling based applications are not affected if they
> use the standard logging setup with commons log and log4j-over-slf4j and
> if there no application bundles embedding a vulnerable log4j version...

Isn't there a (vague) risk that one of our transitive dependencies
embeds log4j2 ?

If we make a statement I think it should include the list of modules
we have checked as "not embedding log4j2" and describe the method used
for that check.

I suppose running "mvn dependency:tree | grep <some pattern>" is a
reasonable way of checking, so maybe this can be the script used to
check, from the top of a complete checkout of the Sling modules:

  $ export PATTERN=<grep pattern that detects unwanted dependencies>
  $ find . -name pom.xml | while read pom; do pushd $(dirname $pom);
mvn dependency:tree | grep $PATTERN ; popd ; done

-Bertrand