Hi Konrad,

On Wed, 2022-03-02 at 18:47 +0100, Konrad Windszus wrote:
> And I found another blocker:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-11173 <
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-11173> which deserves
> fixing prior to release.
> Therefore voting -1.

Thanks for looking into this and for raising issues.

I'd like to make sure I understand how severe these bugs are. Not
necessarilly because of the time needed to redo the release, but
because I'd like to keep the '12' version for the next Starter release
and I'm not sure that this is feasible.

Current we have

1. SLING-11173 - Wrong version of org.osgi.framework exported (OSGi R7
instead of OSGi R8)
2. SLING-11172 - Make API documentation link point to the (not yet
published) Sling 12 javadoc
3. SLING-11171 - WARN "The provided service user id 'serviceuser--
org.apache.sling.auth.core' is not a known JCR system user id and
therefore not allowed in the Sling Service User Mapper."
4. SLING-11168 - Sling Starter 12: Unable to launch Composum

I'll try to assess the impact for each of these, let me know if these
match your understanding.

1. Bundles using OSGi R8 specific features won't work in the Sling
Starter 12 version.
2. Anyone using the 'API docs' version of the Starter will find the
docs for the old 11 version instead.
3. I am not sure what the impact is here. I traced the code
JcrSystemUserValidator → ServiceUserMapperImpl →
AbstractSlingRepository2 but I don't understand what happens next.
Technically loginService should fail, but I do not see evidence of that
in the logs.
4. Still up for discussion. I saw that it fails for Stefan on Windows,
but I could not reproduce it in a VM. Sergiu also mentioned in the
issue that he saw it happen sporadically.

I personally don't see 1 and 2 as blockers. For 3 and 4 I would like to
understand the impact before cancelling the release.

Thanks,
Robert