Hi,

currently the the Sling Models documentation is a bit confusing; the
examples show only the use of the "@Inject" annotation, while more down (at
[1]) in an not obvious location the use of @Inject is discouraged.
Also, when I benchmarked the use of Sling Models with different annotations
[2] I found that in some situations @Inject can have a huge performance
penalty compared to the injector-specfic annotations, so I would also argue
from this perspective, that we should heavily discourage the use of @Inject.

But at the top we state as one of the design goals of Sling Models to use
standard annotations (which are mostly discouraged at [1] in favor of
custom annotations).

In the context of SLING-11711 I plan to  rework the documentaiton and  all
examples to use injector-specific annotations, remove the design goal of
standard annotations, and mention the discouraged annotations only in a
separate section as discouraged (not deprecated!).

WDYT?

Jörg

[0] https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/models.html
[1] https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/models.html#hints-1