Hi,

Konrad Windszus wrote:
> ...There are some issues with RepoInit with regards to failure behaviour like
> [1] and [2]...

I think we should keep the existing principles in repoinit, and as you
say clarify them in the documentation:

- repoinit is strictly backwards compatible, we try very hard to avoid
any changes in its behavior for existing scripts
- failing statements prevent the content repository from starting, to
avoid exposing potentially harmful states
- the language can evolve in a backwards compatible way to improve or
clarify the repoinit behavior
- we strive to keep the language evolutions minimalistic, clean and
independent of implementation details

So in the case of SLING-11736 I have proposed adding a [strict] option
to "create path", exemple:

  create path [strict] (nt:folder) /one(mixin nt:art)/step(mixin
nt:dance)/two/steps

which activates the improved behavior proposed in that ticket
(adjusting primary + mixin types of existing nodes if needed), without
changing the behavior for existing code.

I think that's inline with the above principles, WDYT?

-Bertrand