If we can go without maintaining our own wrapper, thats probably the better option.

I think to remember that I ran into issues when using the glassfish implementation, but I can't really remember what it was. I ended up with using some Eclipse implementation which then worked fine. I know, the answer is not really that helpful. But at least there are different options out there.