Hi,
Currently we still build by default all our modules with Java 8 on Linux only
[1].
In SLING-11843 I proposed to change the default to Java 11 and 17 with Linux
and Windows.
The default build (i.e. the one which deploys the Snapshot) would be Java 11 on
Linux.

As there were some concerns raised that multiple builds may break due to this
change I would like to hear if there are any objections to raise the default CI
build in the proposed way.
In my opinion every maintained Sling module should build nowadays with Java 11
and 17 on both Linux and Windows (to ease contributions).
All other failing modules either need to be fixes accordingly or deprecated.

Thanks in advance for your opinions,
Konrad

[1] -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLING/Sling+module+descriptor#Slingmoduledescriptor-DefaultValues