On Wed, 2024-02-28 at 11:22 +0100, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Can we do this without creating a new git repo? Creating a separate
> new
> repo gives a different message than what we intend it to be.
>
> It would be great if we could do this directly in SVN :)

I think that would be pretty complex; the SVN repo is read-only and we
haven't done a release from SVN for years - not sure if the plug-in /
SVN versions we used back then still work with the current Maven
versions.

I also am not very concerned about people misintepreting Sling git repo
number 347 :-) But if we want to be extra careful, we could create it a
and immediately deprecate it [1]. Any potential contributions would
land in the 'maintenance' branch and any potential releases would be
created from the same place.

Robert

[1]:
https://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/deprecating-sling-modules.html