Hi all,

I have been giving some quality time to the Sling site project [1] (see also
SLING-2002 [2]) again and have started a new page just to get the feel for
Markdown.

Granted we have a few open issues like the confluence to markdown conversion
mangling with the {{}} constructs (creating italic instead of code), I think
overall the experience for me has been very positive and feedback on the site
(well, we just have staging for now) is just great compared to Confluence.

I think the biggest open issue is the download page. I think we can solve this
with a download page template.

The rest we can fix over time.

So, I think it is about time to just switch to ASF CMS.

What needs to be done ?

  * Setup the staging to production publishing
  * Implement a download page template
  * Make SLINGxSITE space on cwiki read-only
  * Over time fix the pages

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix