Hi,

I really would like to move forward with SLING-2396 (Make
ResourceResolverFactory independent from JCR) in order to implement
other features (like CRUD support for the resource resolver) on top of
this.

Unfortunately this change introduces an incompatibility wrt
workspaces, therefore I thought it's safer to call a vote and see what
the community things about it.
The vote is not about implementing SLING-2396 in exactly the way it is
right now, its just to move the code to trunk and continue to work
there.

For the workspace support, right now, it's possible to address other
workspaces by specifying an artificial path {workspacename}:{/path} .
This won't be possible anymore, however it would be possible to mount
a workspace at any path in the resource tree (and that would happen on
demand).

I think, if someone really needs the special path access to a
workspace like it is today, then we could add a wrapper for the
resource resolver which does this special logic in the wrapper.
However, if we don't need it, i don't want to spent time on that :)

I think SLING-2396 is one of the most important changes to our code
base, which will make it easier to implement new features in the
resource resolving area, e.g. we get adding different search providers
for free etc.

Please vote, thanks :)