On 26.10.2012, at 10:43, Mike Müller <mike...@mysign.ch> wrote:

> The main goal of this proposal is to provide a easy to use service in
> Sling to restrict (or grant) access to resources for special use cases
> (like giving access to some resources only between 8am and 5pm). The
> service should be very lightweight and should NOT be a replacement of ACLs

I think it might make sense for Resource implementations that don't have their
own access control mechanism. If you already have one (like with JCR), it
shouldn't be used/promoted, as that would just create confusion (why can't I
configure this hard-coded rule etc.).

So if there is a need for that, I'd look for not adding this service to the
sling resource core but allow it to be implemented in some kind of a wrapping
resource provider, which you could hook in like any other resource provider.
Becauser then people will get the idea to use it together with e.g. JCR ACLs
and run into problems later which then fall back onto sling etc.

Cheers,
Alex