Hi Ian,

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 12:12 AM, Ian Boston <i...@tfd.co.uk> wrote:

> On 2 March 2013 10:42, Ian Boston <i...@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > 2.
> > GETs can only query 1 bean at a time.
> > If you need a snapshot of the state of the server and have 50 MBeans,
> > you have to make 50 requests. You can make POST requests to perform
> > batch up GET requests. Fortunately you can specify a * for attributes.
> >

> Correction:
> A SlingServlet extending the AgentServlet form Jolokia registered at
> /system/stats triggers authentication and can be restricted to GET
> only with the SlingServlet annotation.

I went ahead and committed what I had - it isn't a SlingServlet, but rather
uses the standard HttpService http context stuff. In the configuration of
the servlet component, you specify a list of userIds who have access.

> Provided the query is performed in a parameter [1], its possible to
> retrieve all MBeans, however, Jolokia ignores the Attributes that it
> doesn't understand how to convert into json. For instance, the
> TimeSeries in Jackrabbit is ignored. I think any container that isn't
> a primitive or open type is ignored even if it contains data that
> could be output.

This is an interesting issue. I've never had this particular use case. I
find it is more common to want to query the same mbean (or really the same
attribute) across 50 instances than 50 mbeans on the same instance.

> I am not really certain of the value of this work any more, so I am
> not going to do anything further, unless there is a strong demand.

I guess my point in brining this up is that I feel like we don't need to
provide a JMX/JSON bridge in the Sling project. If there are defects in
Jolokia, we can work with the Jolokia community to fix them.

Justin