Hi,

The current "allow.hosts" setting of the ReferrerFilter can be configured
with a list of trusted hosts.
In a setup where the list of allowed hosts is expending as the application
runs, it becomes tricky to keep the configuration in sync.
As an example, a service which supports wilcard uris such as <userId>.
my.service.com would be required to modify the reference filter
configuration for each user which is hardly doable.

Thus, I would propose to support regex patterns for the list of
"allow.hosts". which would still be secure.

The example above would be configured as:
allow.hosts=*.my.service.com

wdyt ?

Regards,

Timothee.