Justin, Felix,
Thanks for your responses and please excuse that my terminology makes it a
little too clear that I'm coming from CQ ;-).

Justins's solution is actually very close to what I had in mind with the
"template based" solution. I will mull over this and create ticket also
referencing Justin's solution.

Ben