Hi,
listChildren is only supposed to return a list of immediate children (ie no
recursion).

If code using listChildren wants the entire structure is should call
listChildren, using ResourceResolver.listChildren(childResource);

Note, ResourceProvider.listChildren will always be called by the
ResourceResolver and never directly by the client code.

also, listChildren should return a true iterator, where the Resources are
not loaded into memory until they are requested. Usually that means having
some form of query to generate pointers to the list of Resources and as the
iterator.hasNext() and iterator.next() are invoked the iterator loads the
resources into memory. That way, if there are millions of children, code
can retrieve the first 10 without having to wait for 1M to be loaded into a
list.

Best Regards
Ian