Given the discussions, I've moved the codebase from the whiteboard to
tooling/ide. I've created a Sling job at
https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/Sling/job/sling-ide-1.6/ and
also applied exclusions for tooling/ide when building the
sling-trunk-{1.6,1.7} jobs.

The tooling/ide reactor is not yet part of the default reactor. It's a
good question whether it should be – or rather whether the whole
tooling directory should be part of the default reactor. But that's
another topic.

For now, it builds separately and I'll follow up on different Jira
issues/discussions for incremental improvements.

BTW, should we have a Jira component for it or keep using 'Extensions'
like we did so far?

Thanks,

Robert

--