Hi,

Sling RequestProgressTracker is a valuable feature which helps in
understanding the request flow easily. I tried using it for logging
calls made to MongoDB server for a given thread [1] and it gives a
very good insight in what is happening. As such component do not have
direct access to the RequestProgressTracker or ResourceResolver
associated with current request I had to expose it via ThreadLocal.

It would be helpful if we can have a Sling Filter and API which
exposes the current thread's RequestProgressTracker (or better
ResourceResolver!!). Such API would allow creating debugging
components which can say track JCR session operations performed in a
given request.

Thoughts? I can create a patch if people consider it as a good thing
to have as part of Sling.

[1] https://github.com/chetanmeh/mongo-sling-tracer

Chetan Mehrotra