as far as I know there's usually a vote on the dev@ list for first
acceptance (and then it's referenced in the IP Clearance file), then the IP
Clearance is done (including SGA, lazy consensus vote on general@incubator,
etc.), and then finally code is committed if everything is fine.
That's why I started this at first, and I think there's consensus around
the need of an IP Clearance.

Tommaso