Hi Justin,

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 5:55 PM, Justin Edelson
<jus...@justinedelson.com> wrote:
> I don't see why logging requires going outside this practice. It
> didn't before Logback.

Looks like there is some confusion around various ways with which
logging can be configured with Logback. Logging with Logback is
supporting all the following configuration modes

1. Configures itself with a pre packaged config file within the Bundle

2. Can be configured to configure Logback from a file on file system.
This would allow one to customize it on a per Sling instance basis

3. Can be further extended via OSGi based config as has been supported
by previous Logging impl [1]

4. Can be further extended via Config Fragments [2]. It supports an
extension point to provide
   xml fragments from different source. Later we can add an impl which
can look up config
  fragments in JCR repo and provide it to Common Log

5. Can be further extended via Appender/Filter registered as OSGi service

What I was proposing that we modify the Launchpad support to dump an
xml at pre defined location and allow users to customize it. However
all other modes of configuring Logback would continue to work

Chetan Mehrotra
[1]
http://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/logging.html#user-configuration-osgi-based
[2]