On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 5:27 PM, Justin Edelson
<jus...@justinedelson.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
> Is this dependent upon some new feature of the archetype plugin? I
> could have sworn I tried to do something like this before and failed.

Actually it's not about the archetype plugin. I tried using the
archetype plugin for tihs until someone on stackoverflow instructed me
to use plain-old resource filtering. [1]

> I do see one minor, but annoying, problem. If you look at the pom.xml
> file generated while running the archetype IT, it has this in it:
>
> <outputDirectory>/Users/justin/KeplerWorkspace/sling-builder/tooling/maven/archetypes/bundle/target/classes</outputDirectory>
>
> (well, not exactly that, but you get what I'm saying).
>
> This seems to only happen while running the IT. Normal execution
> doesn't have this problem.
>
> This isn't too big of a problem today, but would be an issue if we
> added more ITs to the archetypes. Any ideas if there is a way to fix
> it?

Right now some archetypes have a reference directory which contains
the exact output which must be generated by using the archetype. I
would suggest using the postBuildHookScript [1], which is indeed new
in 2.2, and verify that the execution was successful. For instance:

- no warnings printed in the log
- files are placed in their locations as expected ( e.g. for the
bundle plugin we expect a java .class file and a DS .xml file )

Anyway, I'll take a look and see if this can be fixed.

Robert

[1]:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23264594/managing-common-values-for-multiple-maven-archetypes
[2]: