While working on some changes in the jcr resource bsundle I came across
JcrItemAdapterFactory which allows to adapt a Node/Property to a resource
(and other things). While this alone is already questionable, as noted in
SLING-3859 this creates a potential memory leak as the returend resource
resolver is never closed.

I think this adaption is conceptually wrong and I have no idea why we added
this in the first place, so adding this to the memory leak problem, I would
simply remove this thing.

At least we really should deprecate it with a big warning in the log

WDYT?
Adobe Research Switzerland