Hi

Am 22.09.2014 um 15:47 schrieb Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehro...@gmail.com>:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> It would be good if following features can be supported in some form
>
> 1. Composition - Ability to include other slingstart file via various
> url schemes file, http etc. Need to define how the included config
> would be treated if collisions are found

Not sure, whether really want this considering we want to have a concise
description. Yet, having „source URLs“ for inclusion at least does not violate
the idea of knowing where stuff comes from.

> 2. Property Interpolation - Ability to substitute property values via
> system property, env variables [1]

I think in this case we explicitly don’t want this: Also, this is not the same
as the case for 12factor configuration: This is basically just a packing list
to create a quick start. This is a build time task which should result in a
quick start which can be used over and over again. As such, there is IMHO no
need to depend on external variables.

Actually, the goal is really to consolidate all the information in well-defined
concise locations. Hence interpolate from external locations violates this
principle and makes it unclear again, where a value comes from.

> 3. Mark config as global or local - By default if any config gets
> updated at runtime it gets saved in repo and hence distributed across
> various cluster nodes. In some case we need to avoid this write back

While this really *is* an issue, it is unrelated to this project IIUIC, since
again, this is about creating a quick start binary.

Regards
Felix