On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 1:20 PM, Konrad Windszus <konra...@gmx.de> wrote:
> ...I am fine with changing the return value to something more sophisticated,
> although currently
> I don’t see a reason for a validator to return multiple failure messages....

While I haven't used this module so far, this looks similar to health
checks, where the result [1] uses a log-like stream of messages. Being
able to include DEBUG and INFO messages helps understand the
validation, and with a log you can easily aggregate the results of
multiple validators, while keeping the details about each of them.

It might make sense to use the same or a similar mechanism for validation.

-Bertrand

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/bundles/extensions/healthcheck/core/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/hc/api/Result.java