From: Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2014 8:17 PM
To: dev@sling.apache.org
Subject: Re: Question on dependency management while adding a test case

Rethinking this, can't we simply exclude the api dependency when
including the resourceresolver-mock ?

<groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>
<artifactId>org.apache.sling.testing.resourceresolver-mock</artifactId>
<exclusions>
  <exclusion>
   <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>
   <artifactId>org.apache.sling.api</artifactId>
  </exclusion>
</exclusions>

Carsten

Am 10.10.14 um 16:27 schrieb Julian Sedding:
> Hi Amit
>
> We could change the resourceresolver-mock to "use" a lower Sling API
> version than it "implements". I.e. in MockResourceResolver, change all
> resource.getValueMap() to ResourceUtil.getValueMap(resource). Then it
> should be compatible with lower API versions. This should work as long
> as there are no major API changes.
>
> Regards
> Julian
>
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 9:57 AM, Amit.. Gupta. <amitg...@adobe.com> wrote:
>> Hello Team,
>>

>> I am adding a test case of [0], for this I need to use latest of
>>

>>            <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>
>>
>> <artifactId>org.apache.sling.testing.resourceresolver-mock</artifactId>
>>
>> ?
>>
>> This introduces a dependency to sling.api:2.7.0, because of
>> resource.getValueMap
>>

>> sling event module, otherwise is quite content with older api dependency.
>> So, I don't want to introduce this higher dependency.
>>
>> I can explicitly give a lower bound in import, which isn't nice either. Is
>> there any other way.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Amit
>>

>> [0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-4014