Hi,

This is the first thread I initiate on sling dev, so I apologize in advance
if I'm breaking any conventions.

I've written a bundle that allows sling component developers to quickly
define a hypermedia API for components. The tools contain a Sightly Use
class for Sightly components, but also a generic utility that can be used
anywhere, like in a jsp component.

It uses hypermedia to drive the state of the application (e.g a consumer
uses links and forms to change the state) and uses microdata [0] to define
an easy to parse structure. The API can then be consumed by bots or used in
testing, while using the same HTML as the media type for the API as the
browser.

You can find the bundle here [1] if you'd like to have a look. The readme
has some examples and you can quickly try it out with a generic python
client [2].

What do you think about putting this in the contrib/ dir in sling and about
the idea in general?

Looking forward to some responses.

- Andrei Dulvac

---