On Thursday 23 April 2015 13:46:52 Robert Munteanu wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Robert,

> I noticed that our sling-contrib build is quite slow on Jenkins,
> taking around 90 minutes. Out of those, about 60 minutes are spent in
> the 'Apache Sling Launchpad Karaf - Integration Tests' module.

it takes 20 - 30 minutes on my MBP (2,6 GHz/16 GB), so 60 minutes on a slower
machine sounds reasonable.

> I am not familiar with that module, but perhaps there's a low-hanging
> fruit which would allow us to speed up execution and get faster
> feedback.

I don't think so. Every test starts a fresh instance to eliminate side
effects. We may check if running tests in parallel is possible and speeds
things up. Apart from that we can create a dedicated build job for Karaf
Launchpad.

Regards,
O.