Hi Carsten,

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 3:29 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org> wrote:
> Am 15.06.15 um 15:18 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
>> ...you get a bunch of Maven artifact URLs and need
>> to sort them out into bundles, Sling provisioning models, etc.
>>
> Yes, that's what the type is used for, so  in your model you have
>   {groupId}/{artifactId}/{version}/slingfeature

That doesn't work for my contrib/crankstart/test-model model - as you
say it's the main artifact of that module so it's deployed without the
"slingfeature" type or classifier, it's just a "txt" type artifact.

To resolve it in my (crankstart) model I need this, which is fed later
in pax url for resolving:

  org.apache.sling/org.apache.sling.cransktart.test.model/1.9.9-SNAPSHOT/txt

So it's impossible to know from that URL that it's a provisioning
model artifact. IIUC the slingstart-maven-plugin uses the artifact's
packaging info to find out, but in my case the packaging is not
available - pax url only supports type and classifier
(https://ops4j1.jira.com/wiki/display/paxurl/Mvn+Protocol).

For now, as a workaround I added
"nested.models=org.apache.sling.cransktart.test.model" variable to my
provisioning model, to be able to find out at runtime that it's a
provisioning model that I can merge.

Do you see a better solution to identify provisioning model artifacts
such as this one from their model artifact "urls" ?

-Bertrand