On Sun, 2015-10-04 at 14:56 +0530, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> It seems we're getting a lot of failures due to deploy problems. Do
> we
> really need to deploy the snapshots? (as I doubt that we can fix the
> deployment problems) Or can we maybe ignore the error if deployment
> fails?

IIRC we need snapshots for two reasons

- the sling-oak-it-1.7 Jenkins job, which is built after the sling
-trunk-1.7 job deploys the jars and uses them for ITs
- building the launchpad locally without building the full Sling
reactor ( we had people asking why we have to build _everything_ for
the launchpad ).

Nexus seems to be stable for now, but I'll look into alternate
solutions if this keeps being a problem.

There is a 'Deploy artifacts to Maven repository' post-build action in
Jenkins, but I'm not sure whether it fails the build on error or not.
But I won't activate it straight away since it requires automatic
artifact archival to be enabled, and we disabled it because it takes a
lot of time.

Robert