On Tue, 2015-12-15 at 10:29 +0100, Oliver Lietz wrote:
> On Monday 14 December 2015 17:11:00 Robert Munteanu wrote:
> > Hi Olli,
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> > On Mon, 2015-12-14 at 13:35 +0100, Oliver Lietz wrote:
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > another build failure caused by a SNAPSHOT dependency:
> > >
> > > ERROR: Failed to parse POMs
> > > java.io.IOException: remote file operation failed:
> > > <https://builds.apache.org/job/sling-contrib-1.7/ws/trunk> at
> > > hudson.remoting.Channel@55c16db1:jenkins-ubuntu-1404-4gb-437:
> > > hudson.remoting.ProxyException:
> > > hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild$MavenExecutionException:
> > > org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Some problems
> > > were
> > > encountered while processing the POMs:
> > > [FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact
> > > org.apache.sling:sling:pom:26-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath'
> > > points at no
> > > local POM @ line 24, column 11
> > >
> > > I was under the impression that our snapshots are deployed to
> > > Nexus
> > > automatically by a build job. This seems to be not the case right
> > > now.
> >
> > Deploying takes a long time on Jenkins so it's only done for the
> > 'sling-trunk-1.7' job. IIRC the parent is not part of that.
>
> would it help speeding up if we break the contrib build into smaller
> ones?

Maybe, but we can try enabling the deploy goal for the contrib build
and seeing what that does.

> Nevertheless we should have a job with deployment to Nexus for
> parent, no?

I guess no one really cared about that until now :-) since we usually
release the parent first and then update the poms to the latest
version.

But I don't see this as a 'fixed' workflow, we can add a new job to
deploy the parent or add it to the 'main' build or whatever else works.

Robert