On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Konrad Windszus <konra...@gmx.de> wrote:
>> On 21 Apr 2016, at 16:00, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I'd like to stay flexible about the mechanisms used to start the
>> instance under test.
> I agree, but IMHO this should not be part of the execution via the
> maven-failsafe-plugin but should happen before!...

Both ways are valid, I don't want to restrict to one or the other but
agree that both should be possible.

The advantage of starting the instance under test during
maven-failsafe-plugin execution is that it can be started lazily, only
if a test actually requires it. You might have other ITs which don't
need it, and starting an instance is then a waste of time when you run
only parts of your tests.

-Bertrand