On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...How do you see this code snippet deployed in a Sling instance - is this
> a regular script deployed under /libs|/apps or something else?...

I first thought we'd need a new flavor of the Groovy engine for this,
but it's probably not necessary.

See [1] for an example that works out of the box as a .groovy script.

That example shows that simple Groovy-friendly wrappers that make the
current Sling Resource more "navigable" can be useful, but we might
just implement those via a BindingsValuesProvider, and end up with a
.groovy script like

  def mimeTypes =
sling.getService(org.apache.sling.commons.mime.MimeTypeService.class)
  builder . "${resource.name}" {
    date new java.util.Date()
    "mime-type" mimeTypes.getMimeType(request.requestPathInfo.extension)
    title resource.props.title
    description resource.props.description
  }

-Bertrand