On Friday 15 July 2016 17:36:31 Andrei Dulvac wrote:
> Hi Oliver,

Hi Andrei,

> Because it's a client-side tool, meant to be used outside the Sling
> instance, like it HTTP tests. I guess it could become a bundle, but I don't
> really see the point right now.

making it a bundle later becomes difficult when you want to stick to OSGi
conventions, namely packages impl and internal being private (not exported).
MicrodataHtmlClient extends AbstractHtmlClientImpl – a class which is meant
for extensions but lives in a "private" package.

Personally I do prefer in-container test even when doing HTTP calls, because
they can depend on services being available and then do their work instead of
doing awkward HTTP calls from outside to find out about "readiness", see e.g.
tests for Scripting Thymeleaf (where btw I would like to play with HApi also).

IMHO releasing HApi Client not as OSGi bundle is an unnecessary limitation.

Regards,
O.