>> 2. paxexam integration tests do not run in the IDE (at least not in
>> eclipse/junit runner - the problem seems to be that the pom information is
>> not available for version lookup). this is only nice-to-have.
>
> Neither do I use Eclipse nor do I run ITs from my IDE, but I'm sure that
> issue
> can be solved.

The simplest workaround for this is to manually add a few dependencies
to your Eclipse project - you don't need to add the bundles that are
launched by pax exam, but some of pax exams dependencies itself and
then this works perfectly.

You can also invoke the pax exam tests in debug mode from maven and then
connect to it using remote debugging.

I'm not saying this is perfect and if this could be simplified would be
great, but it's not rocket science either.

Adobe Research Switzerland