Currently we are including 1.5.x version of Oak in Sling which are
considered unstable. Not sure on best way to deal with that.

One way out could be to align release of launchpad in Sling with major
version release of Oak which typically happens once in year around
Feb-March. This would allow us to include the latest stable release of
Oak in launchpad and would also ensure that any feature work in Sling
which rely on Oak also get completed. For example currently the Sling
Listener feature needs some further work and has some dependency on
works being done around observation event filtering in Oak

Thoughts?

Chetan Mehrotra