On Thursday 06 October 2016 13:21:49 Radu Cotescu wrote:
> Why do we need to remove that statement? sling-scripting is the user that
> scripting modules should use for reading scripts. Since Sling's
> "executable" content is in the search paths (which for now are /libs and
> /apps), I think that by default the sling-scripting user should not be
> allowed to do more.

Removing "deny" is not a must, but we should keep it simple and we do not gain
much (nothing?) from a security point of view as "everyone" (else) can read
from /content (or / with current setup).

We can not enforce scripting bundles to use the service/system user and simply
by using an anonymous resource resolver allows reading from /content (/).

I'm not sure if "deny" on / is a performance penalty also, maybe someone with
more insights can comment on this.

Regards,
O.