On Friday 14 October 2016 13:14:02 Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Stefan Seifert wrote
>
> > in [1] oliver mentioned that the current java package name is not
> > consistent/not ideal.
> >
> > currently wie use
> > o.a.s.contextaware.config  => "highlevel configuration API"
> > o.a.s.contextaware.config.resource  => "lowlevel resource API"
> >
> > bertrand and myself noted that the package name should included
> > "contextaware" somewhere, using only org.apache.sling.configuration is
> > too generic/misleading.
> >
> > so, what should we use?
> >
> > a) keep o.a.s.contextaware.config + o.a.s.contextaware.config.resource
> >
> > b) switch to o.a.s.contextawareconfig + o.a.s.contextawareconfig.resource
> > to get rid of the additional dot that is a bit inconsistent
> >
> > c) switch to o.a.s.configuration + o.a.s.configuration.resource which is
> > misleading as it applies only to context-aware config
> >
> > d) other proposals?
> >
> > i hope we find a consensus in the next hours... or we just stick with a)
>
> As noted in the other thread, my proposal would be:
>
> o.a.s.contextaware.config, o.a.s.contextaware.resource,
> o.a.s.contextaware.config.annotation
>
> So similar to a) but with moving resource one level down.
>
> Just to make it more difficult to decide....
>
> a) or b) are good as well
>
> The important point is that we don't use "configuration" as this is
> confusing and separate the resource part from the settings (config).

I see the point to distinguish between "highlevel configuration API" and
"lowlevel resource API" but even highlevel API is build around resources (as
everything in Sling). Maybe there is another way/name to make the difference
obvious.

The "context-aware config" name still sounds too bulky to me but YMMV.

1.) o.a.s.configuration (it will become *THE* way to do configuration in
Sling/AEM besides *OSGi* configurations)

2.) o.a.s.resource.configuration (it's build around resources, how to diff low
from high has to be solved)

3.) o.a.s.contextawareconfig

Sorry for the noise.

O.