Thanks for starting getting this rolling, Robert!

I think most of the bundles with snapshot reference in our launchpad can
be released. Not sure about the repository bundles.
And we definitely need to wait a little bit with jcr.resource until the
missing pieces are implemented in Oak. But hopefully this will be done soon.

What about adding the Slingshot sample app? It would need a little bit
of work to move it to the repoinit, but I could probably work on this.
The app itself is atm not really best practice and I have a lot of ideas
on how to get it right, but still I think it's one of our better examples.

Robert Munteanu wrote
> Hi,
>
> 2016 is almost done and Sling 9 is not yet out. Given that we're now
> aiming for quarterly Sling releases, it's time to start practicing :-)
>
> I've outlined a list of tasks which should be done for the release, see
>
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-6194
>
> It's just a beginning, and if you think that there are more things
> which need to be included for the release just include a sub-task.
>
> Call to action
> --------------
>
> - if you think that there are changes to be done for the release, go
> ahead and create a sub-task and "just do it"
> - if you see any task that might be interesting for you to pick up,
> "just do it" :-)
> - if you've worked on something cool for the next release of the
> Launchpad and think we should let the world know about it, add it to
> [1] or just tag the Jira issue with 'Sling-9-ReleaseNotes'
>
> We may or may not switch to the 'stable' Launchpad model for this
> release, but in the meantime it's good to keep the releases rolling. We
> currently have 15 -SNAPSHOT bundles in the main launchpad, so that's
> quite some work in progress.
>
> My aim is to have the launchpad out in November, as I have a feeling
> December is not a very productive time of the year. Also, not very
> fruitful for making noise about a new release.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert
>

> [1]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLING/Sling+9+Release+
> Notes