Bertrand Delacretaz wrote
> Hi,
>
> The webconsole plugin that was just contributed for In
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-3543 needs a specific
> selector to retrieve scripting variables from the HTTP client.
>
> Currently it's using "SLING_availablebindings" as its selector, with a
> SLING_ prefix to make collisions with user-defined selectors less
> likely.
>
> Shall we use this prefix from now on in similar cases?
>
> Do we already have such cases where "our" selectors might get in the
> way of Sling users?

We already have selectors in some modules and never used a "SLING_" prefix.
And I don't think this is necessary here either. The script is usually
selected by the combination of resource type, selector and extension.
So even if someone is using the rather rare availablebindings selector
we only get into a collision if resource type and extension are the same.

Adobe Research Switzerland