Hi Stefan, thanks for your comments.
IIRC the provider and consumer type annotations only have an influence if you
derive from/implement those.
I would for now be in favor of making all those final (i.e. prevent to derive
from those classes). If there really is a need to implement your own
ValidationFailure or ValidationResult you should rather start from scratch.

WDYT?
Konrad