For ITs we sometimes leverage dedicated test bundles (which should only be
deployed for the purpose of running the IT). Those test bundles are usually not
released (i.e. stay at 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT). But with PaxExam or even with the
slingstart-maven-plugin it is now easily possible to have ITs in the same Maven
module as the actual bundle (e.g.
https://github.com/apache/sling/tree/trunk/bundles/extensions/validation/core,
leveraging PaxExam or
https://github.com/apache/sling/tree/trunk/bundles/extensions/models/validation-impl
 leveraging slingstart-maven-plugin). For the former I have the problem that
doing a release on that is not possible because that still has a dependency to
https://github.com/apache/sling/blob/trunk/bundles/extensions/validation/test-services/pom.xml.
 What do you prefer:

1. Release with the Snapshot test dependency, leveraging
http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/prepare-mojo.html#allowTimestampedSnapshots,
 compare with
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37562658/release-project-with-snapshot-test-dependency
or