On Thu, 2017-09-21 at 11:18 +0300, Robert Munteanu wrote:
> > According to Eric Raymond (http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6778), who
> > claims
> > to have some experience with svn to git migrations, git-svn is not
> > up
> > to the task. Maybe that's where the history is lost.
> >
> > In any case, I think we need to start the migration from the SVN
> > repository, given that https://github.com/apache/sling already
> > lacks
> > the history.
> >
> > Maybe reposurgeon, the tool E. Raymond wrote, can help overcome the
> > issue with lost history when copying branches?
>
> I'll try reposurgeon, thanks for the pointer. The thing is that the
> git
> remote seems to have the right rename handling, but it's lost when I
> create the module. But let's see after I try reposurgeon.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert

I'm delayed a bit with this. The reason is that this tool requires a
full SVN repository dump to operate. I've started doing it the default
way - svnsync, which would take weeks.

I've tried importing the dumps from http://svn-dump.apache.org/ , but
after some long hours of downloading and extracting I found out that
the warning on the page regarding the repository size is out of date.
Unexpanded it takes ~230 GB ( + ~75 for temporary extraction ) rather
than 65 as advertised. I don't have that kind of disk space around
unfortunately. I'll try and find an alternative somehow, but it's going
to take a bit more.